Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Growing up

a Jesus thought...
I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had. (Luke 21:3)

a Godly thought...
In darkest England we will need to be church communities that accept people with all their baggage, not happy to leave them that way, but happy to travel with them through their darkest moments as well as their great celebrations. (p107 Bishop)

a leading thought...
Leaders need to continually assess if they are doing something that someone else could do. The only two things that leaders should never delegate is the responsibility to hear from God and secondly to guide their organisation into his will. (p209 Blackaby)

a Dave thought...
Here are two pictures of my son Noah with his favourite footballer, Chris Judd. The first is taken in 2005 and the second photo just last week. You maybe able to tell which person in the photo has grown up somewhat? I continue to discover that we are all on a faith journey some of us are moving closer to God and others moving further from him. I like this image because we are all capable of growing up in God & I can't wait for the day when I am so confident with him that I too will lift my head in his presence!

Just a thought.















No comments: