Sunday, November 4, 2007

Mildura

a Jesus thought...
"Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? 35It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out. "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
(Luke 14:34)

a Godly thought...
When we are tempted to go onto emotional meltdown about something trivial, should we actually stop and consider that it's really not such a big deal and pause to pray for those who face real terrors? (p45 Lucas)

a leading thought...
Everyone in leadership faces criticism. In fact the more effective you are and the more mature you are, the more criticism you're likely to receive. (p72 Finzel)

a Dave thought...
Today I am in Mildura, I flew in last night on a 36-seater plane and will be preaching at the 11am service this morning as one of their youth is enrolled as a Senior Soldier, running a leadership seminar this afternoon and then preaching again at the youth service at 7pm. I discovered last night there are 60,000 people living up here and I am grateful for the opportunity to minister in different parts of Australia. What I love is that the same God is everywhere I go and He inspires and talks to people all over the world just like He talks to me. So I look forward to how God will interact with us today in Mildura knowing He is here already working through people here in rural Australia.

Just a thought.

No comments: