Saturday, October 13, 2007

The 4% Rule

a Jesus thought...
Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. (Mark 8:34)

a Godly thought...
For those who are dead to sin and alive to God, the life of holiness is not an optional extra. (p110 Webb)

a leading thought...
Good leaders always make it a priority to keep in contact with the people they're serving. (p78 Maxwell)

a Dave thought...
Today I am off to another conference. I spend a lot of my time at conferences and am even responsible for organising quite a few myself. I once read that only 4% of people actually implement anything they hear at a conference. I have no idea how accurate that is but I do know that hearing something and understanding a new concept is one thing but implementing it is a whole other skill. My personal view is that if you are going to start something new you need to stop something old or in other words it is a real challenge to change the way you operate especially if were trained a long time ago and have operating in a certain way for many years.
So conferences do have their place but actually working out content in a practical sense is far more valuable, so lets learn as we do rather than learn as we sit and lets get the stats above 4%.

Just a thought.

No comments: