Sunday, October 14, 2007

Armour

a Jesus thought...
Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me. (Mark 9:37)

a Godly thought...
Growth in holiness involves willing and active cooperation with God in the process of becoming more like Christ. (p118 Webb)

a leading thought...
A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and no passion. (p85 Maxwell)

a Dave thought...
Yesterday I attended the Go for Souls conference at Plenty Valley where James Thompson did a great job getting some passionate speakers together to talk about how we can reach out to others and share the message of Jesus. My son, Noah who is 5 absolutley loves the song "Armour" (Boundless Vol 2 track 3) so as Nath Casey, Rowan & Anthony Castle were leading the worship I took my son along to experience the song live!












He loved it and sang with more passion than ever before, but after talking to him in the car as we he have been listening to it many times about what the song is trying to say he told me it is about ''robbers'' (he thinks the last word of the first line is robbers)! So although I am pleased with his passion and choice of music I still need to continue my discipleship journey with him as with many people we think just because they turn up and sing the right songs they have it all together.


Just a thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was about robbers too...

Rowan

Anonymous said...

Stealing souls from hell maybe?

Rowan