Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Furlough

a Jesus thought...
For they gave out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood. (Mark 12:44)

a Godly thought...
Now with Wesley fully convinced of the inspiration of Scripture, he considered that "divine power, understanding, goodness, and holiness were the four grand pillars for God. (p141 Webb)

a leading thought...
You cannot be a truly effective leader, the kind that people want to follow, unless you love people. (p108 Maxwell)

a Dave thought...
Well on Monday I began a fortnights furlough, many ask what this is, well for the first 8 years of my working life I had holidays but now I am a lieutenant it is called furlough...
A furlough (IPA: [fʌɹloʊ]) is temporary leave of absence, especially from duty in the armed services or from a prison term. In these cases, a furlough is a vacation.
So I am currently in Sydney staying with my parents-in-law (Lt-Cols Ian & Marilyn Hamilton) and had quite a trip up with Josiah our 6 month old vomiting on my laptop on a very turbulent flight. Anyway I will continue to blog but in case I am not on line by 6am every morning it maybe because there is regurgitated carrot jamming the keys on my computer.

Just a thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, welcome to sunny Sydney!!

Thought I'd have a look at your blog - it's great - I wish I'd thought of it!!

Hey, thanks again for catching up with us last month - it really helped renew my vision and focus and encouraged me to keep doin' what I'm doin'.

Have a good holiday - you never know, the Army being as it is, I might see you around. Cheers, Simon.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that furlough is also noted as leave from a prison term...two weeks vacation from THQ - I don't see any connection at all!

Anonymous said...

get off that laptop whilst on furlough Collinson!
Sonia