Saturday, November 10, 2007

Commitment

a Jesus thought...
While all the people were listening, Jesus said to his disciples, 46"Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. 47They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely." (Luke 20:46-47)

a Godly thought...
Perhaps the hugest shock of all will be the sight of a perfect God, whispering the most unexpected greeting to plebs like us:"well done, good and faithful servant." (p76 Lucas)

a leading thought...
Leadership is something you may fall into after you've proven yourself as a follower. (p139 Finzel)

a Dave thought...
Firstly I must apologise as I know the blogosphere has gone into crisis mode as a result of my post being 6 hours late today! Stephen Court, my number 1 reader has particularly been in distress so to him and any others who I have spoilt their morning rituals I'd like to offer my deepest apology.
Last night I was at my brother-in-laws bucks party at remote campsite in Healesville. As we slept over and I didn't take my remote network card with me I had to fast the Internet for the last 18 hours. It was great hang out with friends and reflect over the last 29 years of Paul's life as he gets ready for the big wedding day in December. Paul has made a life long decision on whom he is going to spend the rest of his life with and I have no doubts Sara is a great choice so I wish them all the best.
I also have been through decisions that last for life in not only my marriage partner but also steps I am making towards commissioned officership. My brother said to me when I told him I was engaged that "a life time is a very long time." We all have the opportunity to make major decisions in the course of our lives that are for a very long time, I just pray that we consult God and wise people around us as we make decisions that are for life. I want to look back on my life with no regrets and live life to the full and for me life long commitments make it even better. For many today they avoid these decisions such as soldiership, officership or even marriage because it is life long, I say take the plunge and enjoy life with real commitments that last for all the days of our lives.

Just a thought.

1 comment:

fee said...

Your blog today makes me think of my favourite William quote:

'Your days at the most cannot be very long, so use them to the best of your ability for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation'.
William Booth - 4 October 1910