Saturday, November 17, 2007

Half Ironman Dream

a Jesus thought...
"The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. 32He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony. 33The man who has accepted it has certified that God is truthful. 34For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God[k] gives the Spirit without limit. 35The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 36Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him." (John 3:31-35)

a Godly thought...
Godly character is shaped by Godly thoughts

a leading thought...
"If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good." — Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

a Dave thought...
Today I am heading up to Shepparton where it is currently forecast to be 33 degrees with 80% humidity. It is in this town in 22 hours where I will be starting my second Half Ironman which comprises of a 1.9km swim, 90.1km bike ride and 21.1km run. Last time I did this event it took me 6 hours and 49 minutes so my goal is to beat this time. Yes there is a certain amount of stupidity that comes with people who pursue such ridiculous events but I love the challenge and in a strange sort of way am looking forward to the day.

Like many visions we have for our lives I have had to sacrifice, plan and train for the last 6 months and now all I can do is rely on the hard work I've put in and enjoy the experience. Anyway I better head off for Shep and I'll fill you in when I post tomorrow night on the events of the day.

Just a thought.

No comments: