Tuesday, September 4, 2007

SMB Festival

Sorry readers I did blog earlier but Mr Blogspot didn't post it so here goes again...


a Jesus thought...
For this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice. (John 18:37)

a Godly thought...
One day we will all stand before God and he will judge us for all the possible pleasures he gave us to enjoy, but we failed to enjoy. (p125, Frost & Hirsch)

a leading thought...
Seize the day may be our cue for action, but timing and tactics will call for divine wisdom. (p82 Harris)

a Dave thought...
Over the years Body, Mind & soul events and books have flourished all over the world. Well this year I have been conducting my own event, which I call my Soul, Mind and Body morning routine. Firstly as I am a routine sort of person (ESTJ) I realise that this will already put off many readers who like to live a lot freer than myself, notably the annoying ENFPs many of whom I work with or are youth leaders :) but this morning ritual that I have been conducting has been incredibly valuable for me.
The Soul for me is reading scripture and praying, Mind is about reading books that stretch your thinking and blogging to consolidate those thoughts, and Body looks like jogging, swimming and cycling.
Over the years I have had different parts of this trilogy absent and it has effected my well being as a person and have noticed that when all three are present I am far more healthy - spiritually, mentally, and physically.
So maybe the new agers got it right with finding this balance in life. I encourage you to do a SMB evaluation and see where your strengths and weaknesses are, or if you are finding life sucks at the moment try a little Soul, Mind and Body festival, it works for me.
Just a thought.

1 comment:

Heather Princess said...

I know that I personally was starting to worry when at 6:20 there was no Dave Blog...

Hmmm...on the other hand maybe I was still asleep then and didn't even know!

It's a good blog today though. It was worth the wait.

...I must go...I'm sure I have some ESTJ's to annoy somewhere!