Sunday, July 22, 2007

Did Jesus blog?

a Jesus thought...
Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. (Mark 14:38)

a Godly thought...
By taking a stand along the marginalised, the kingdom of God radically challenges the values that the powerful have used thus far to exclude the poor. (Jayakumar Christian)

a leading thought...
A life isn't significant except for its impact on other lives. (Jackie Robinson)

a Dave thought...
Since joining the blogosphere, it has been fascinating the amount of conversations I have had about why I started to blog. I have explained numerous times that I am not trying to take over the cyber world (I will leave that to Stephen Court) but rather just sharing what I am reading and praying about on a daily basis. I am more and more realising that the faith journey needs to be taken with others, I am not sure who invented the daily personal devotion, but sometimes I think God would rather me doing my devos - praying, reading and sharing with others than just by myself every morning.
Jesus used to sit around in the temple courts with scholars and learned people sharing their thoughts and sometimes debating in small groups, that is how they learnt through conversation. So somehow I don't think the concept is really different to 2000 years ago but now we just do it on line rather than face to face. Sad in a way but at least we are having the conversations.

PS The only other option is to meet at my house at 6am every morning, but it will be real bummer for the NY bloggers!

Just a thought.

No comments: